FAQ After Exam Work Experience Verifying Time 2020/2021

mcrisk7

Posted my work experience shortly after october exam results came out (end of november). Did not receive any work experience approval yet. So > 3 months for me so far... that's just annoying..

flyingpan

is there anyway to escalate the significant delay in this to a higher level of GARP management? Would this service level be considered reasonable or acceptable in any circumstance?

davidovg

I have tried writing to Rick Apostolic ( president of GARP ) on LinkedIn. Ofc, no response.... For comparison, the CEO of CFA and CAIA are very active in LinkedIn and in fact follow the members from their communities. Just another small difference between them and GARP

VWJETTY

I have tried writing to Rick Apostolic ( president of GARP ) on LinkedIn. Ofc, no response.... For comparison, the CEO of CFA and CAIA are very active in LinkedIn and in fact follow the members from their communities. Just another small difference between them and GARP

They already got our money; honestly I bet they could care less about how much hooting and hollering we're doing. CFA & CAIA are still on the hook bc their is annual fees they collect, hence keeping them aligned and in check. This is not the case for FRM.

flyingpan

i am going to send messages to that Rick guy in LinkedIn. I think we should all send messages to him as individuals to hopefully get the attention.

flyingpan

his LinkedIn name is Rich Apostolik. Make sure to use this spelling if you want to search for him.

VWJETTY

you need to have premium and we're not connected on LinkedIn so it won't let you message.

Last edited:

randomname

I'm not gonna chase this person, but I think its fair to make them realize the reputational damage they are causing by not providing any updates (3months+ now). I can't recommend GARP/FRM anymore to anyone in my organization, nor do I see any incentive to re-new GARP membership or attend any events.

I'm not gonna chase this person, but I think its fair to make them realize the reputational damage they are causing by not providing any updates (3months+ now). I can't recommend GARP/FRM anymore to anyone in my organization, nor do I see any incentive to re-new GARP membership or attend any events.
Who are you really hurting by not recommending it to someone ? Only yourself. You worked so hard and paid lots of money for this certificate and now you will go around telling people it is worthless. Just relax , your life will probably not change if you get the your confirmation today or in a year (because of covid) so relax

VWJETTY

Who are you really hurting by not recommending it to someone ? Only yourself. You worked so hard and paid lots of money for this certificate and now you will go around telling people it is worthless. Just relax , your life will probably not change if you get the your confirmation today or in a year (because of covid) so relax
You're really drinking that GARP kool-aid aren't you there lil buddy ;)

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Can we please try to keep the conversation here about work experience. I understand that everyone is frustrated, but there is nothing that can be done to make GARP move more quickly. I have no idea why they are taking so long. Who knows, maybe they are short-staffed because of the pandemic. I agree that their communication has been absolutely horrible, but the current conversation is not helpful. Please continue to reach out to GARP with your concerns. :/

Can we please try to keep the conversation here about work experience. I understand that everyone is frustrated, but there is nothing that can be done to make GARP move more quickly. I have no idea why they are taking so long. Who knows, maybe they are short-staffed because of the pandemic. I agree that their communication has been absolutely horrible, but the current conversation is not helpful. Please continue to reach out to GARP with your concerns. :/
Thank you :) we are just trying to keep each other entertained and less stressed

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Thank you :) we are just trying to keep each other entertained and less stressed
I understand ;) GARP has me completely frustrated and stressed also. I hate that they are putting their candidates through this. It is difficult to feel completely helpless. We always want to help our members, but we aren't able to do anything about this. The lack of communication and transparency is just so unprofessional :confused:

niteshaidasani

I submitted my work experience on 11th January. I called them on Tuesday and was connected to a woman. As a general rule in life, I feel you're more likely to get folk to help you if you ask nicely and politely. I took that attitude here and asked her if she could provide an update on my submission. She checked my records, stated that it's been less than 8 weeks since I submitted my application and that this process usually takes 8-10 weeks. However, she'll ask the work experience committee if there's any way to get this approved by the end of the week. I thanked her and hung up the phone. And voila, today is Friday, and I just got me work experience approval email. I'm officially a certified FRM! So, hang in there everybody but if you're impatient like me, then maybe do what I did and maybe you get lucky like I did. Thanks Nicole and David for all your help over the last 2 years!