FAQ After Exam Work Experience Verifying Time 2020/2021

badbunny

anyone who submitted work experience...received a reply from GARP ?
i submitted few hours before results and yet to get any email .
Many people got their emails already, not sure if they are following a proper order. Seems like those who used the glitch and submitted work experience before exam results are getting approval

ivan.jarmanovic

aaand it finaly worked:)) ..got my certification!! sent one mail after the 3rd week of result releas (just tried my luck..), again last week one and waited eversince - submitted my CV around 3-4 p.m. CET on July 12th when the exam results came in (maybe these details will help someone..) ..what a journey: unlimited thanks to David and Nicole - I'm already recommending BT big times :)))

Got mine also yesterday...after challenging them how come someone who submitted after results gets the certification while mine was submitted 3hrs before the results

Let me know if yours gets rejected too. I’ll let you know what I hear once I get a human on the line on Monday. I’m beyond mad . Sorry for venting.
i got it approved yesterday ..i had 2 work exp .....with past end date and current one with future end date(2025)..happy that they didn't reject due to that date

Email from GARP: "Whenever a work experience is resubmitted, it is considered a new submission and is placed in the queue based on the latest date of submission."

Sweet! - exactly what I expected. The human on the phone had the same message.
Got mine approved today - 15 mins after sending an email inquiring about the status of my resubmission

Got my work experience approval this morning. I submitted my work experience on 13 July and I sent email to follow up on my submission’s status every two weeks. The customer service is quite responsive, although they cannot provide a specific timeline when your submission going to be reviewed.

frenchmarmot

Subscriber
Got my work experience approved on the August 27th. i submitted around July 15th. My submission was very detailed, not just bullet points.
So it took about 6weeks to get certified.

JesusZ

@waiting_to_get_verified That is totally disappointing, but I'm constantly disappointed by the experiences in this thread. Given how much (successful!) effort and money you spent passing the exam, I'm frustrated for you. The whole experience verification is ridiculously archaic, in my opinion. First, in the glacially slow timeline: candidates should be able to start the experience verification even before they sit for the exam (e.g., CFP). There's no reason some candidates couldn't be verified before/during their exam sit, is there? (plus might make submissions less lumpy). Second, in this era of digital transformation, the goal should be to verify in less than one week; e.g., LinkedIn. Third, just as the exam needs more transparency, so should this process; for myself, I don't know what they actually do to verify. The process is begging for a digitally-based re-engineering; maybe triage an initial pre-exam submission with AI (?). Think outside the box into the new world. The whole thing is begging for disruption by customer-focused capabilities.

@waiting_to_get_verified That is totally disappointing, but I'm constantly disappointed by the experiences in this thread. Given how much (successful!) effort and money you spent passing the exam, I'm frustrated for you. The whole experience verification is ridiculously archaic, in my opinion. First, in the glacially slow timeline: candidates should be able to start the experience verification even before they sit for the exam (e.g., CFP). There's no reason some candidates couldn't be verified before/during their exam sit, is there? (plus might make submissions less lumpy). Second, in this era of digital transformation, the goal should be to verify in less than one week; e.g., LinkedIn. Third, just as the exam needs more transparency, so should this process; for myself, I don't know what they actually do to verify. The process is begging for a digitally-based re-engineering; maybe triage an initial pre-exam submission with AI (?). Think outside the box into the new world. The whole thing is begging for disruption by customer-focused capabilities.
Hi @David Harper CFA FRM not sure if this is the correct place to ask (please feel free to move my comment). Do you know if GARP requires any kind of extra documentation or validation from my company's human resources department (HR) to validate the work experience? I filled a paragraph on the work experience on their website but they did not even ask me for my manager's email or HR's email to validate. I got a rather laconic reply of "Submission Received" without any details of what should happen next.

SXu0172

For the record if it's helpful for anyone in the future...
Took Nov 2022 Level 2 exam.
1/4/2023 Got exam result
1/5/2023 Submitted work experience
1/20/2023 Certified

Thanks David and Nicole for all your time and help!