Whatsapp group for FRM part 2 Oct/Nov 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

ag0511

There are certain norms in the group such as check upon free sharing of proprietary study material provided by prep provider.Members are also expected to refrain from using sarcastic language and being overtly critical about study providers,GARP etc.Certain members were also asked to check their negative behaviour,which could undermine efforts put in by a serious candidate.This included incessantly speculating about conduct of examination,ever since joining the group,continuing right until now,two months before scheduled date.Stating in the group,on more than couple of occasions that they are disinclined to start preparation and trying to rally support around their wish that GARP should waive the requirement of completing part 2 within 4 years of completing part 1 etc.Thus building an atmosphere,where focus of discussion shifts from part 2 preparation to ranting,grousing and fault finding.And making serious candidate to doubt and question the outcome of their sincere efforts.

These restrictions create a lot of heartburn and resentment among certain people,with a heightened sense of entitlement san any contribution.And such people wait for the next opportunity to get back at somebody,who wishes to maintain a compliant ,healthy and positive group.And does not have any personal gain or loss,in letting the group drift from its objective.

However ,I do not think that any moderator with a positive intent can/ should let such negative forces to have a free play and demolish the purpose of the group.

I am not too keen to add more people at this stage.And if at all,would exercise lot of caution.All the different minded people are encouraged to form a positive,active and compliant group,which can contribute to candidates' effort rather than engage them in gossip,ranting and mudslinging.Some behavior,which is perfectly acceptable for uninterested and self centred person,who won't care for anybody beyond their successful exam effort.This could be their best response

It will apt for new members to search for my messages on this forum and other threads.And compare it with combined effort of all dissuaders towards others' good till date to make an informed choice.

It will be proper that this message and other messages be removed from this forum after some time,as they are vitiating and worsening the setup in manner similar to the actions of dissenters,not more than 10-15% of the group size.

Pembe1940

Lol hi @ag0511, thanks for removing me.

Guys. Be warn that TS (aka group admin) is an egoistical maniac who has a superiority complex - thinking that he is better than everyone in the group. So pathetic that his reply to feedbacks from group participants about his attitude (oh wells, i guess i am also pathetic by posting here) became personal.

The messages he sent revolve around issues that only he has problems with, while completely ignoring problems that many participants have with him.

To any one looking to join the group: go ahead and join. But try to gather the remaining people to form another group :) will be much more beneficial than having someone who think he is better than everyone being the admin.

It is true, the admin is rude and self-serving.

jtankx90

There you go guys. "Thy leader" @ag0511 has spoken: not the slightest hint of self-reflection despite numerous participants (or should i say "certain members" or "such person" or "10-15% of the group" ) voicing their unhappiness. Well i guess "Thy leader" do have some form of self-awareness - in a public forum, he can't "remove" someone when his authority is undermined. Instead, in order to preserve his only source of "food" feeding his ego, he do not want other people to be aware of this and join the group blindly.

I guess only "Thy leader" is deserving of opinions, views and thoughts. "10-15% of the group" don't matter in the supposed "grand scheme of things".

To all: make your own judgement from his response and other member's response :)

Cheers

Last edited:

HappyJi

There you go guys. "Thy leader" @ag0511 has spoken: not the slightest hint of self-reflection despite numerous participants (or should i say "certain members" or "such person" or "10-15% of the group" ) voicing their unhappiness. Well i guess "Thy leader" do have some form of self-awareness - in a public forum, he can't "remove" someone when his authority is undermined. Instead, in order to preserve his only source of "food" feeding his ego, he do not want other people to be aware of this and join the group blindly.

I guess only "Thy leader" is deserving of opinions, views and thoughts. "10-15% of the group" don't matter in the supposed "grand scheme of things".

To all: make your own judgement from his response and other member's response :)

Cheers
It’s not just 10-15%,more than 50% find the admins tone of speech rude and condescending, rest are either inactive or dnt care..

niteshaidasani

It’s not just 10-15%,more than 50% find the admins tone of speech rude and condescending, rest are either inactive or dnt care..

There's not many things in life that are black and white, but this admin is most certainly the most distasteful and mannerless person I know. This really isn't a question of opinion.

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Please note that I have closed this thread. David and I will discuss the conversation above this post and determine whether or not we should delete this thread and if we should continue to allow these study groups to be posted in our forum. Thank you.

cc: @David Harper CFA FRM

Status
Not open for further replies.