Spreadsheet doesn't contain Case studies listed in Review Videos

ABSMOGHE

Hi. I have purchased Professional Subscription of BT's FRM Part 2.
While I was going through some of the instructional videos, I observed that for certain case studies as displayed in Instructional Video, it was stated that the elaborate calculation of the same was made available in spreadsheets. However while navigating through the spreadsheets, these case studies do not appear to be present. For instance, if you fast forward to 36:30 of Instructional video of 1st Chapter of Module 1 (ie Dowd, Measuring Market Risk, Chapters 3 ), the concept listed as "Evaluate Estimators of Risk Measures by estimating their standard errors" seems to have an illustration to calculate upper and lower confidence levels for which David states that its elaborate calculation would be provided in the spreadsheet. However, there does not seem to appear any such case study within the Spreadsheet appearing on your site.

Also, within a spreadsheet there appear to be several case studies for which no explanation has been provided either in videos or study notes.

Am I missing something ? I mean to ask if there would be any alternative links apart from the ones present in respective sections at the Study Planner.

Thanks.

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
Hi @ABSMOCH Yes, you are right: some of the learning spreadsheets are "lagging behind" their updated video counterparts; including the XLS for Dowd. The updated XLS, unlike this Dowd Ch 3 & 4, tend to be better labelled and relegate the miscellaneous sheets to the "Archive" section of the workbook. So updates will be coming (I am gradually updating all of the XLS).

Re: I mean to ask if there would be any alternative links apart from the ones present in respective sections at the Study Planner?
There are many XLS links in the forum, generated typically for PQs or responses to PQ, but the most important/best are eventually are edited into updates of the learning XLS. I hope that's responsive, thanks!