Course Number of practice questions (link to XLS)

nassos1409

Hello everyone,

I have finished studying the material and want to make a plan on how many questions to tackle per day in order to finish all question sets of Bionic Turtle by end October. However for that I would need to know the total number of questions in the BT Question sets. Can somebody shed some light please? I would really appreciate it.

Thank you very much in advance

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Hello everyone,

I have finished studying the material and want to make a plan on how many questions to tackle per day in order to finish all question sets of Bionic Turtle by end October. However for that I would need to know the total number of questions in the BT Question sets. Can somebody shed some light please? I would really appreciate it.

Thank you very much in advance
Hello @nassos1409

I've answered your private message, but I also wanted to answer here so it will be helpful to others who might have the same question. We currently have over 4,000 practice questions available for Parts 1 and 2. A little over 2,000 of those are Part 1 questions. You can view our spreadsheet here, which lists all of the practice questions, along with specific information about each one (i.e. source author, forum link, etc.): https://trtl.bz/3rqUbyz. I hope this helps!

Nicole

Last edited:

GirishS

Hi Everyone,

Since GARP curriculum keeps on changing, how can we distinguish between questions that are relevant for FRM 2020 and those which are out of syllabus now?

Also, what does column 'Active' signifies in this spreadsheet

Thanks.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi Everyone,

Since GARP curriculum keeps on changing, how can we distinguish between questions that are relevant for FRM 2020 and those which are out of syllabus now?

Also, what does column 'Active' signifies in this spreadsheet

Thanks.
Hello @GirishS

We do not include any practice questions in our PDF question sets if they are not relevant to the current curriculum. Each year, we go through our question sets to add and remove practice questions. There are times that you will see removed readings in an Appendix, but those are optional. We leave them in the PQ sets because we feel that the concepts are still helpful even if GARP removed that specific reading. GARP does not change the entire curriculum every year, and there are actually many learning objectives and concepts that are carried over from year to year. Because of this, many of our practice questions (even from 2011) are relevant to the current curriculum.

Regarding the spreadsheet, we also update that each year. When it says Active, it means that those practice questions are still relevant. If it is not active, we remove them from the practice question sets, as they are no longer relevant to the current curriculum. I hope this helps!

Nicole

enjofaes

Hi @David Harper CFA FRM , @Nicole Seaman

Just a fun question.
How many questions are there included in the vitalsource (maybe with and without the "optional" parts), would be very cool to have it by chapter :)

If not easy to do, disregard this one but I think it can be interesting to have a view for candidates on how much time they can allocate to revise all PQs I think!

Sihle

Subscriber
Since receiving access, I have completed two chapters, namely, (1) Building blocks of Risk management and (2) How do firms manage risk chapters. The number of questions related to these topics from Bionic turtle is 21 (in total) - based on those available when selecting "practice question set...". Are there any more questions beyond this to help reinforce the knowledge?

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Since receiving access, I have completed two chapters, namely, (1) Building blocks of Risk management and (2) How do firms manage risk chapters. The number of questions related to these topics from Bionic turtle is 21 (in total) - based on those available when selecting "practice question set...". Are there any more questions beyond this to help reinforce the knowledge?
@Sihle please note that I moved your post to this thread, which includes our XLS link showing all of the PQs we have for all chapters in the curriculum. Our PQ database goes back more than 10 years, so there are chapters that will have many PQs for review, while other chapters may be newer and won't have quite as many. For the first two chapters of Topic 1, all of the PQs that are available are published in the study planner, so there are no other PQs other than what you are seeing.

There are, however, quiz questions available in the Topic Review section that cover all of Topic 1.