Exam Feedback November 2020 Part 2 Exam Feedback

akmakum1

So can I consider results on the portal as official results? I am a bit confused because with Part 1 I received an email with results. This time I haven't so far.

xiang91

Passed 113311. I wouldn’t recommend using schweser to practice questions because they are too simple, except for their mocks. However, schweser indeed provides concise, relevant notes.

The level of difficulty and length of questions for part 2 is similar to the GARP’s practice paper. A pro-tip to answer all 80 questions in 4 hours is to read the questions first and search for the relevant info in the para for each question that helps to derive the answer. I didn’t read the entire para at all!!! Also, time is of essence so you’ll need to time yourself and answer each question in 3min.

They requiere two years of experience. So i think that it should be fine. Do you know which is the time for the approval for their side?

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
They requiere two years of experience. So i think that it should be fine. Do you know which is the time for the approval for their side?
@Albertikos

If you are asking how long it takes for them to verify and approve work experience, GARP states that it can take up to 8 weeks. With the COVID pandemic, I'm not sure if this is going to cause a delay, but we have not heard that the process will be any different.

mishranitin

I think it should take less time than usual because of less number of candidates, as Nov exam was postponed in most of the countries , but at the same time Covid crisis may cause little delay. Also experience approval process is black box to me.

@Nicole Seaman Do you have any idea on experience approval process?

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
I think it should take less time than usual because of less number of candidates, as Nov exam was postponed in most of the countries , but at the same time Covid crisis may cause little delay. Also experience approval process is black box to me.

@Nicole Seaman Do you have any idea on experience approval process?
Hello @mishranitin

After seeing the delays and last-minute communication from GARP regarding postponements and results being released, I am going to continue to tell candidates what GARP has stated, which is up to 8 weeks for approval. I do hope you are right and that it takes less time! :) However, with the pandemic, I don't know if that is going to be possible. Although there were fewer people who have taken the exams, GARP is still busy with all of the postponements and everything else that has made things more difficult due to covid.

We do not have any inside knowledge of GARP's approval process. There are threads in the forum that discuss other candidates' experiences, which may help to answer some of your questions though. You can use the search function to find those threads: https://forum.bionicturtle.com/search/?type=post.

sandrasp

Guys i am still skepticial how can a 333234 be a pass ?

Was that score a pass in the end? I hope you passed. What would you recommend doing from BT as a review before the exam? What did you do to review?

I was scheduled to write in November 2020 got moved to Jan 2021 and now got moved once again to May 2021. I'm slowly fading and fear I will not be able to do good. So I signed up for BT to just keep doing questions, I was doing Swecher only before.

Razi

@sandrasp first of all do not worry as you wouldnt be alone and other candidates would be feeling the same, and in an exam such as FRM where there is relative grading such mutual inconveniences do not effect pass/ fail.

Moving on to BT, I think you still have a lot of time. If you have already gone through the curriculum via another source (GARP, schweser etc.) go straight to questions. I would recommend solving all practice question sets, review question sets, interactive quizzes and mocks (both BT and GARP). Just try to power through the practice question sets even if you do not completely understand every one of them (moreover annexures in question sets may be ignored all together in my opinion) however when it comes to interactive quizzes and mocks (both BT and GARP) they must be prioritized and you must ensure that you grasp the idea behind the questions you get wrong so you do not repeat these mistakes in the actual exam.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Pass Rates: I will cross-post this on the other feedback threads, but I contacted GARP regarding the pass rates, and they said pass rates for the October and November exams will be released around February 1st. I don't have any other information than this but wanted to let everyone know so you aren't continuing to look for the pass rates before they are actually released.

stantonrussell

Anyone found some information on when the exam results will be out?
Wondering if they have to wait until the postponed exam locations are also done in January, or if there will be a valuation based on only the ones conducted on 21st of November.
If you log into GARP and look for your results it should show the date they are due to be released.
For January exam, it is showing release due 1 March.

Attachments

• 1611180858429.png
    1611180858429.png
    8.7 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

Razi

Hello everyone. 8 weeks have almost passed since the declaration of result, has any one received their experience verification yet???

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber