Exam Feedback July 2021 Part 1 Exam Feedback

Lu Shu Kai FRM

Hi @bollengc ,

I'm not too sure about this as I'm looking to a take a break after results are out - fingers crossed!! If I were you I'd register for the early bird (I guess), as long as you're comfortable with the time to the December exam. Seems like there is about 3 months left to finish the syllabus?

bollengc

hi all,
Does someone know if there will also be a July part II session in the future?
July part I has been introduced when part I switched to computer based apparently.
so I am wondering what will be the schedule for 2022.
I am definitely not taking part II December 2021, I need more time for my preparation :)
thanks,
Camille

nicolasbaena

Passed with 1/1/1/1, do not know my score though. Did a lot of BT problems mainly over the last few weeks before the exam, used another easier prep package during my first months of study. Definitely recommend BT

bossland9

Hi, I passed (big thanks to BT), but I am not able to see the score percentage. Is that intentional? All I get are the 4 categories, and they all read:

Understanding: Excellent | Percentile: 76th-100th

Assuming that is 1/1/1/1?

KATIA

Subscriber
HI all, I passed Level I (this was my second attempt, after 7 years of trying the first time), quartiles 4,3,4,4. I don't know what was my score, but BT materials definitely helped a lot. I did almost all readings from GARP materials and all the study notes and practice tests from BT. Thanks!

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
Passed with 62% 1,2,1,1!! I am on Cloud Nine and going insane!!! My work has been so stressful lately and this has been such a mood lifter for me. My deepest thanks goes out to @David Harper CFA FRM, @Nicole Seaman and the rest of you lovely turtles!! :):)
Hi @lushukai I am especially excited to see your result. Congratulations, you deserve it! :) Question, if you don't mind: 1/2/1/1 seems like it would be associated with a higher score (than 62%)? It is accurate to say you did not experience the test as easy? Thank you

edgaracabral

Hi, got my report today and passed Level I; very, very happy!

- Foundations of Risk Management (Good - Percentile 51st - 75th)
- Quantitative Analysis (Good - Percentile 51st - 75th)
- Financial Markets and Products (Excellent - Percentile 76th - 100th)
- Valuation and Risk Models (Fair - 26th - 50th)

Thanks, Bionic Turtle team (@David Harper CFA FRM and @Nicole Seaman) for all the material. Also, thanks to all forum contributors, you were very helpful.

Will take my time but targeting Level II for 2022. All the best,
Edgar

littleberries

Is anyone preparing for the December part 2? I haven't registered yet but been reading the materials and it seems much tougher than level 1 with more materials to study:(

nc27

Is anyone preparing for the December part 2? I haven't registered yet but been reading the materials and it seems much tougher than level 1 with more materials to study:(
Not that hard, but there is a lot of content... less than 3 months seems low ( but if you have the pro xp that can help you, just sit for december)

Lu Shu Kai FRM

Hi @lushukai I am especially excited to see your result. Congratulations, you deserve it! :) Question, if you don't mind: 1/2/1/1 seems like it would be associated with a higher score (than 62%)? It is accurate to say you did not experience the test as easy? Thank you
Slightly. Though I still felt BT's exams were still clearly harder overall (mock exam 2 was the only one I was lack of time). I felt my lower score overall was partially due to nervousness/carelessness and ambiguity of the GARP questions (I had about 30 mins left when I finished the exam so I don't think it would be considered difficult). Some of the terminologies used were also quite unfamiliar.

Thank you @nc27 !!

Hi @Akriti1 , it might be worth knowing what was the minimum passing score. From what I have read, it seems to be ~53. You could probably check with GARP what was your score (if you did not see it during the exam). If it was same as the MPS or higher, then it would clearly be an error with GARP, but if it was lower (I'm sorry), you might have to attempt that FRM part again...

Hope this is helpful!

Last edited:

bollengc

Slightly. Though I still felt BT's exams were still clearly harder overall (mock exam 2 was the only one I was lack of time). I felt my lower score overall was partially due to nervousness/carelessness and ambiguity of the GARP questions (I had about 30 mins left when I finished the exam so I don't think it would be considered difficult). Some of the terminologies used were also quite unfamiliar.

Thank you @nc27 !!

Hi @Akriti1 , it might be worth knowing what was the minimum passing score. From what I have read, it seems to be ~53. You could probably check with GARP what was your score (if you did not see it during the exam). If it was same as the MPS or higher, then it would clearly be an error with GARP, but if it was lower (I'm sorry), you might have to attempt that FRM part again...

Hope this is helpful!
I have seen someone passing with a 50% score.
I read somewhere that there might be a rule that sum of your quartiles must not be higher than 7 (not sure it is true) but in the case where you fall in 2nd quartile for the 4 topics, then sum = 8.
edit: does not seem so true based on some feedbacks on reddit:
Passed with 53 :) 2,4,2,1
Passed with 50. 1,2,2,3
Passed with 50. Quartiles- 2,3,2,1

someone I know passed with 51% and quartiles 3-1-2-1.
I saw some people with lower score than me but quartiles 1-1-1-1 (where I have 2-1-1-1)
I am not sure only the score explains the pass / fail.
And I am not sure either that there is a published rule.

AROSE2308

Hello,

I passed with 1,3,1,1. My raw score was 78/100. I left book 2 (quant) for last (read the GARP books in the following order: 3,4,1,2) and had only 3 weeks left to fully cover it. Instead, I watched some BT videos and did a few questions within a week so that I could "game" the quant questions. Believe I was lucky to have passed because i would have failed if my quant score was lower. But lesson learned - always give yourself enough time to cover the entire material!

Thanks BT! Will definitely use your content to prepare for level 2!!!