Instructional Videos Access

CSchmidiger

Hi guys

I have a quick question. I just wanted to watch one of the youtube videos (introduction videos), but it is only 5 minutes instead of the approx 42 minutes mentioned in the header. Do I not have access to the full video (standard subscription)? Or how can I access the full content if this is part of my study content?

Best regards,
CS

CSchmidiger

Hi David

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I am a basic rather than advanced or pro subscriber. I am generally a bit surprised - I was solving all market risk questions and for some of them* are no answers provided, except a link to an Excel spreadsheet which I can't access either. Consequently, I try to find an explanation somewhere else and I see the Youtube videos but I can't access them either. Maybe I miss something but if that's what I get for a basic subscription, then I don't really see any value added by Bionic Turtle.

*) An example would be the topic of true vs risk-neutral probabilities - or more specifically questions 40.2, 40.2 or 40.3.

But I will get in contact with @Nicole Seaman tomorrow to see if I am missing something.
Thanks David, and have a lovely Sunday evening.

Best regards,
Christian

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
@CSchmidiger we do not restrict links in the solutions to practice question (@Nicole Seaman can we check those links to which Christian refers, please?). We always want the solutions to be the best they can be, thanks. (re: "then I don't really see any value added by Bionic Turtle," insert eyeroll here :rolleyes:)

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Hi guys

I have a quick question. I just wanted to watch one of the youtube videos (introduction videos), but it is only 5 minutes instead of the approx 42 minutes mentioned in the header. Do I not have access to the full video (standard subscription)? Or how can I access the full content if this is part of my study content?

Best regards,
CS
Hi David

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I am a basic rather than advanced or pro subscriber. I am generally a bit surprised - I was solving all market risk questions and for some of them* are no answers provided, except a link to an Excel spreadsheet which I can't access either. Consequently, I try to find an explanation somewhere else and I see the Youtube videos but I can't access them either. Maybe I miss something but if that's what I get for a basic subscription, then I don't really see any value added by Bionic Turtle.

*) An example would be the topic of true vs risk-neutral probabilities - or more specifically questions 40.2, 40.2 or 40.3.

But I will get in contact with @Nicole Seaman tomorrow to see if I am missing something.
Thanks David, and have a lovely Sunday evening.

Best regards,
Christian

Hello @CSchmidiger

First, I want to note that I changed the title of this thread to "Instructional Videos" because they are completely different from our free YouTube videos. I don't want others to be confused by the terminology ;) David is correct that you are only seeing a sample of the instructional videos because those are only available with the Advanced or Professional packages. The spreadsheets that you mentioned are only available in the Professional package. Since you purchased the Basic package, you will only see samples of any materials that are not included in your study package. We do offer upgrades if that is something that you are interested in. You just need to email me directly at [email protected] to upgrade.

I really am not sure what links you are referring to. Are you clicking on forum links and are not able to view them? Please be specific about what links you are referring to so I can determine if it is something that you should have access to or not. You should have access to all sections of the forum, so if you are having issues accessing a forum link, please let me know if you are getting an error or what you are seeing when trying to access that link. If you are referring to a different kind of link, please be specific so I can help.

Regarding your statement "I don't really see any value added by Bionic Turtle", I want to make sure you understand exactly what you are receiving when purchasing our Part 2 Basic study package. You are receiving access to all Part 2 study notes, thousands of practice questions that have been written by David himself, and personalized support in the forum. If you visit the forum, you will see that it is one of our most valuable resources. There is a decade of forum discussions regarding every single concept that is tested on the exam. Every single one of our practice questions originates in the forum, and David provides in-depth support in these forum threads if you have a question about any of the concepts. There is no other place that you can find what we offer. FWIW, that is my explanation of "the value added by Bionic Turtle". I'm sure our other members would agree ;)

Thanks,

Nicole

Duggy_rao

Subscriber
Hello,

I bought the advance package today nd downloaded the books on your bookshelf app. I am unable to see any instructional videos though especially for Quantitative analysis and Valuations and risk models on bookshelf.

How do I access these videos please?

Thanks
Duggy

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Hello,

I bought the advance package today nd downloaded the books on your bookshelf app. I am unable to see any instructional videos though especially for Quantitative analysis and Valuations and risk models on bookshelf.

How do I access these videos please?

Thanks
Duggy
@Duggy_rao All of your materials are located in the study planner on the Bionic Turtle Website. When you sign in, you will see My Courses at the top of the page. The study planner is there. Vital Source hosts our PDF documents for study notes and practice questions, but our study planner is where you will find everything else. It also allows you to keep track of the materials that you've already studied. I always recommend using the study planner instead of logging directly into Vital Source to create your study plan.

PBhan9410

Subscriber
Hi @Nicole Seaman,

I tried to follow the instructions you provided above, however when I click on My Courses I end up at the page which tells me to select "FRM Part 1 Advance". Upon selecting that I see "Course Content" page. Is this study planner? In the entire process I could not see the words study planner, that is why I'm a bit confused. Please let me know if this is the right way.

Thank you