Course Getting Started With Your Purchased Materials

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Hello,

I recently signed up for this platform. Where can I find the practice question bank? I only have access to the few mock exams.

Thanks.
Hello @wtys007
Thank you for joining Bionic Turtle! Please note that I moved your question out of the study note error thread because it does not pertain to any errors in the study notes. This thread discusses how you can get started with your purchased materials. All of our materials are published in the study planner. The practice question sets are under each individual reading. The study planner is here: https://learn.bionicturtle.com/frm-study-planner/. You will see that it is organized according to the GARP curriculum by Part, Topic and Reading. Please let me know if you need additional help after looking through the study planner.

Thank you,

Nicole

eldakrory

Hello. i'm new here FRM P1, i'm lost in this website
why there are many reading notes, questions, vedios from many authors? (Miller, Stock, watson, etc) ?
which note are we supposed to review?

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hello. i'm new here FRM P1, i'm lost in this website
why there are many reading notes, questions, vedios from many authors? (Miller, Stock, watson, etc) ?
which note are we supposed to review?

Hello @eldakrory

Please note that I've moved your question to our Getting Started thread, which provides information on getting started with your purchased materials. Our materials follow the exact order of the FRM syllabus by Part, Topic and Reading. You will want to go through the syllabus to familiarize yourself with the readings and learning objectives that will be tested on the FRM exam. These links will also help you to get started with your purchased materials:
I hope this helps!

Nicole

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Thank you David about the missing videos.
I would like to know if there is any notification sent for me to know if they are available.
Hello @YvonneNyirahabimana

When new materials are published, there will be a notification in one of these threads:

Part 1: https://forum.bionicturtle.com/threads/2020-part-1-new-and-updated-published-materials.23056/
Part 2: https://forum.bionicturtle.com/threads/2020-part-2-new-and-updated-published-materials.23057/

You can choose to "Watch" one of those threads to be notified of new posts.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi @Nicole Seaman. Apologies for really basic question. Where can I find link to the interactive quizzes? I know it's early to be looking at them but would be interested in taking a look.

Thanks!
Hello @Bluefox21

The interactive quizzes are not published yet, but when they are published, they will be located under the Topic Review sections. I update these links when I add any new materials to the study planner:

onil100

Hi, apologies if this has been already answered.

Ive just purchased basic FRM 1 and jumped right into chapter 2. Quant methods. After finishing the first reading (fundamentals of probability) I’ve noticed number of questions in this very chapter that were not covered by the reading (e.g. binomial distribution, prob density functions, continuous rv). Are those assumed to be studied some other way than via this reading or am I missing something here?

Cheers
Daniel

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
Hi Daniel (@onil100 ) Thank you for your purchase! The question has been asked/answer, and I will let @Nicole Seaman refer to relevant prior thread(s) when she returns to the forum. I will also take a re-look at the Quant, but in general our embedded questions especially include some additional material and/or go deeper than the summary notes. Now, the source readings (in this case GARP 2020's new materials) plus our new readings should be enough, but there may be some "cracks" in the material vis-a-vis practice questions. Especially this year: GARP switched to its own material, and we've already noticed that it's own material simplifies in such a way that not all LOs are covered; therefore, our notes (that track the LOs) might inherit such gaps. Even then, I are famous (notorious) for writing questions that "go deep" so it's just not realistic to find a 100% correspondence from any question set to the Study Notes. In many cases, the link is just a conceptual leap etc. If the FRM were exactly predictable, we'd have less of this "tracking error" but it's the nature of the beast (and not without disadvantages: the advantage is that the exam greatly favors true comprehension over rote memorization).

So, the short answer is that we are asking you to use the embedded (ie., with study notes) questions especially as a component of the learning, rather then expect them to find perfect correspondence with the Notes. I will let Nicole add further, thanks!

jihan w

Dear all,

I am thinking about uprading my account from advanced to pro account because I would like to have access to Excel sheets.
I would like to know if you have the oppotunity to update the Excel sheets with the new changes ?

Thank you in advance

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
Hi @jihan w Not yet. Many have been updated in raw form (but not yet published) because our sequence is to prioritize the notes and PQs, then videos, however, in most cases, I am required to first update the spreadsheets (as they are used for exhibits in notes). For anything quantitative, my first step is actually to capture it into an XLS (for example, as I have finished writing new PQs for the new P2.T7 Liquidity topic, there do already exist the underlying XLS because I needed to first make sure that I captured anything quantitative in T7 accurately and consistently; XLS are really the only way to guarantee that ...). So, as an internal matter, more than half have been updated. As we catch up on the notes, I will turn to "polishing" the updated XLSs for publish, such that we will start to update XLS over the next +1 month to +4 months. Approximately. By polishing I mean that, the raw XLS used for notes and PQs generally need to be organized, edited (add first-page TOC) and otherwise made a bit more user friendly. I hope that's helpful,

JOake1684

Hello,

I cannot access the Study Notes. I created a VitalSource account. Is there some sort of code I need to access them? The FAQ question about study notes ends with "View more information about how to use our FRM study notes." but it's just text, it doesn't link to anything.

Sihle

Subscriber
I've just paid for FRM 1 material however, I do not know how to access the practice questions - help please

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
I've just paid for FRM 1 material however, I do not know how to access the practice questions - help please
Hello @Sihle

Welcome to Bionic Turtle! I moved your post to this thread, which discusses all of the information needed to get started with your study materials. You should have also received this information via email after you purchased. Please see the original post in this thread for information on accessing all of your purchased materials in the study planner. If you have trouble accessing any of the materials, please reach out to customer support, and they will be happy to check your account to make sure everything is set up correctly.