Course Errors Found in 2021/2022 Study Materials P1.T4. Valuation & Risk Models

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Please use this new thread to let David and I know about any errors, missing/broken links, etc. that you find in the 2021/2022 materials that are published in the study planner under P1.T4. Valuation & Risk Models. This will keep our forum much more organized. We appreciate your cooperation! :)

PLEASE NOTE: Our Practice Question sets already have links to their specific forum threads where you can post about any errors that you find. This thread is for any other materials (notes, spreadsheets, videos, etc.) where you might find errors.

Information needed for us to correct errors:

• Reading
  • Page number
  • Error

Last edited:

Garbanzo

T4CH13 Modeling and Hedging Non-Parallel Term Structure Shifts. Study notes page 9

not sure how a zero coupon bond is a C-STRIP (?), did you mean P-STRIP?

1637261825318.png

Last edited:

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
Hi @Garbanzo That's the final stripped coupon (yes, Tuckman does refer to C-STRIP here). So if it's a 30-year Treasury, you'd have one P-STRIP plus 60 C-strips where the "last" is a 30-year C-strip. Thank you for all of your posts/corrections/etc, I just haven't had time to carefully process. Just wanted to quickly respond to your latest. Thanks,

enjofaes

Just a small note on the instructional video: P1.T4.Hull-Ch15-Black-Scholes slide 13. Should be 0.2/sqrt(3) not sqrt(0.2/3).

BCott8744

Hi - on page 44 of 2022 FRM P1 Valulations and Risk Models, it says the probability of B rated bond defaulting in 5th year is 2.38%. But table 4.4 shows 2.45% at the intersection of 5 and B. Is this incorrect? Am I missing something in the calculation?

Thanks
Brian

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
Hi Brian (@BCott8744 ) Yes, I agree, it's a mistake. In our study notes, when I replicated the 2020 version of the default probability tables, I noticed a couple of similar errors, but the updated version appears to contain more mistakes. I agree with you about the mistaken 2.45%, but it's also true of unconditional PD(year 6) which (according to Table 3) should be 19.26% - 17.33% = 1.93%, yet displays as 2.00%. I hope that's helpful,

enjofaes

Fyi an error found in the GARP book on page 54 solution of 4.13 cumulative default probability should be 12.22% as in the table (I'm assuming GARP recently updated the table in the chapter but did not update the exercise solution.

NStha8467

in the GARP FRM materials (Chapter 4 Valuation and risk models pp 45 onwards):

4.3 Cumulative default rates
4.4 Unconditional default probabilities calculates by differencing columns of 4.3
4.5 Conditional default probabilities from scaling 4.3 for survival to t-1

These tables do not seem to scan versus the text (which itself seems joined up). There are errors all over table 4.4 - its not just limited to the items cited in the text

Status
Not open for further replies.