FAQ Exam Deferral policy

Neetu

Hi,
I just want to know if I can sit for the part 1 exam even after deferring it. My preparation is not up to the mark and since I don't want to risk failure I will be deferring it. However I want to know If I can take the exam even after deferral incase I feel confident enough to write the exam some weeks hence.

Thanks

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Hi,
I just want to know if I can sit for the part 1 exam even after deferring it. My preparation is not up to the mark and since I don't want to risk failure I will be deferring it. However I want to know If I can take the exam even after deferral incase I feel confident enough to write the exam some weeks hence.

Thanks
@Neetu According to the FAQ (http://www.garp.org/#!/frm/frequently-asked-questions) the "Last day to defer to the next Exam" is Sunday April 15th (when registration closes), but you need to directly contact GARP. @Nicole Seaman might know more ... does GARP even work on a Sunday ?? (this might effectively be Friday the 13th)
@Neetu

David is correct about this information being on the GARP FRM FAQ page. Here is their exact wording:

FRM-Deferral.png

catacony

I have a related question. How long is my access to Bionic Turtle materials good for? I'm thinking of deferring until November. Will I still have access to your materials for the November Exam?
Thanks

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
I have a related question. How long is my access to Bionic Turtle materials good for? I'm thinking of deferring until November. Will I still have access to your materials for the November Exam?
Thanks
Hello @catacony

All subscriptions are valid for one full year from your date of purchase. Since you purchased in February, your subscription will not expire until February 2019, so you will have access to your purchased materials until that time. If you decide to defer until the May 2019 exam, we do offer a one-time, 3-month extension, which you can request by emailing me directly at [email protected].

Thank you,

Nicole