Course Custom Quizzes / Quizzes with randomised questions across multiple categories

mc123456

I am new around here, and I am wondering if it is possible to generate custom quizzes from the expansive question base that BionicTurtle has?

For example - "I want to do 60 questions, randomly selected from the pool" or "I want to do 60 questions, where 10 are randomly selected from each of the 6 different major learning categories"?

In this way, you can undertake many "mini-exams" during practice, rather than study one section at a time sequentially.

Is this possible?

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
I am new around here, and I am wondering if it is possible to generate custom quizzes from the expansive question base that BionicTurtle has?

For example - "I want to do 60 questions, randomly selected from the pool" or "I want to do 60 questions, where 10 are randomly selected from each of the 6 different major learning categories"?

In this way, you can undertake many "mini-exams" during practice, rather than study one section at a time sequentially.

Is this possible?
Hello @mc123456 There is no way to create custom quizzes from our database of practice questions. We have interactive quizzes at the Topic level so you can test yourself on the content that was covered in a specific topic. We will also be publishing interactive mock exams so you can test yourself on all topics.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hello @mc123456 The interactive quizzes do not change. Our practice questions are not in a big database where they can be input into different quizzes automatically. Quizzes need to be created manually.

mc123456

Hi @Nicole Seaman,

Two quick follow up questions from me:
1)
I can see that you say "We will also be publishing interactive mock exams" above.
Also the complimentary review of BT, which I used to choose BT as a provider, here (https://www.investopedia.com/best-frm-exam-prep-courses-5085430) also says "The questions, which are continuously updated to match changes to the exam, can be used standalone or to feed a vast number of practice exams. The practice exams and mock exams, which are designed to mimic real testing conditions, are interactive, responding to your answers to track your progress and continuously update your study needs.".

I can only find one Mock Exam in my login - I was wondering if I am looking in the wrong spot?
Or if I keep doing the mock exam in my login multiple times, do the questions change?

2)
In addition, I have seen some other posts detailing that the Question PDFs from BT are a bit unwieldy - there are so many questions! This is great, but flicking through 100's of pages of PDFs is time-consuming.
Is there a more efficient way in which other people have managed this in the past?

I must say that the BT materials and question bank are absolutely head and shoulders above the rest of the FRM providers - the issue is how to use such a big tool!

Thanks.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hello @mc123456

At this time, Part 2 has one mock exam. When we say, mock exams, we are referring to the mock exams for our whole program (Part 1 and Part 2), which includes more than one. The mock exams are in an interactive quiz format, but the questions do not change each time you log in. Our system is not set up for that technology yet, but it is something that we are hoping to do in the future. They do, however, provide you with your score at the end and show you the correct answers and explanations.

Regarding the number of practice questions, we retain the previous practice questions in the PDF documents for those who want to go through every single practice question that we offer. These go back a decade, however, the most recent practice questions are always at the top of each document. You can see which year the practice questions were written by their title. For example, practice questions titled 5xx were written in 2015, questions titled 2xx were written in 2012, etc. The most recent practice questions (2021 and 2022) are titled 21.x.x and 22.x.x. This will help you to create a study plan with only the most recent practice questions if you do not want to practice all of them.

We have a thread here that may also help with some of the questions that you have about how to incorporate all of the tools that we offer into your study plan: https://forum.bionicturtle.com/threads/study-plan-guide.8670/. There are also many other threads that discuss the questions that you've asked. Our search function is very helpful for these types of common questions :)

DWint4058

Subscriber
Hello @mc123456 There is no way to create custom quizzes from our database of practice questions. We have interactive quizzes at the Topic level so you can test yourself on the content that was covered in a specific topic. We will also be publishing interactive mock exams so you can test yourself on all topics.
Where/how do I access the quizzes?

Sihle

Subscriber
Is there a way of generating random questions on the website on each sub topic without having to always click on a link that takes you to Vital source? I would like to randomise questions and retake them.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Is there a way of generating random questions on the website on each sub topic without having to always click on a link that takes you to Vital source? I would like to randomise questions and retake them.
Hello @Sihle I've moved your post to this thread, which answers your question. We do not currently have a platform where you can randomize our practice questions. We are working on a project to move our practice questions to a new platform in the near future, but at this time, the practice questions are only available in PDF format. Thank you.