Best-Suited Study Package for FRM Level II May 2015

MissJaguar

Subscriber
Dear BT Team,

Happy New Year!

I am writing regarding BT study packages for FRM Level II May 2015.

How far are you with preparation of FRM Level II materials? Have you finished adding all new topics/chapters?

Second how many hours of videos you provide in your Advanced/Pro packages? Are all topics covered? Is there any difference in video sets between two packages? Will you be adding new videos for FRM Level II May 2015 on YouTube?

All I need are reliable study notes, comprehensive videos, and good questions covering all chapters for FRM Level II 2015 fully available asap.

Thanks.

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Hello @MissJaguar,

We always begin to update the study materials to coincide with the new curriculum in January and we continue to update the materials throughout the exam period until May. It would be impossible to publish QUALITY updated and new materials immediately, as it takes a great deal of time to prepare new materials and publish them. When new materials are published to the study planner, you will see a "NEW" symbol next to them. There are many materials that are currently published from 2014 that did not change in the curriculum so it would be beneficial to study those materials.

We do not guarantee that ALL readings and learning objectives will be covered, as, again, this would be impossible to achieve if we want to stand by our mission to provide quality materials and customer support. We plan on adding new study notes, question sets, videos, spreadsheets and quizzes this year, but we do not have specific details on when each set will be published. Regarding the videos, we will be adding new videos in 2015, but we do not have a specific number of hours that we can provide to you. We have always provided very helpful videos and will continue to do so. Each day, Monday through Thursday, we publish a new daily practice question in the forum. These practice questions are unique and written by David so they cannot be found anywhere else. Once we have a complete set of daily practice questions, we will publish a new question set for that specific reading in the study planner.

The advanced and professional packages include the instructional videos, which are the same in each package. The professional package also contains focus review videos, which are not included in the advanced package.

You stated above that you need reliable study notes, comprehensive videos and good questions. Bionic Turtle provides all of those, which you can see by reading through the forum and our testimonials. :)

Thank you for using Bionic Turtle!

Nicole

MissJaguar

Subscriber
Dear Nicole,

Happy New Year!

Thanks a lot for your answer.

How many hours of videos were available for FRM Level 2, please?

Thanks,

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hello @MissJaguar,

You are very welcome. Unfortunately, it would take far too much time to go through every single video in the study planner to count the number of hours that we published. It would take valuable time away from preparing new materials, which, as you know, is extremely important at this time.

Thank you,

Nicole

MissJaguar

Subscriber
Dear Nicole

Thanks for your answer.

If I am a bit too frank, or misuse the English language, please excuse me. I did not know that number of hours of video can be rocket science. To me it looks quite simple: number of videos times the average length. I study well when a topic is introduced via audio / video (visual and auditory learning). If the price of subsequent packages differs by USD 100, and I personally value between packages is in video material, then I should definitely have at least rough idea about how much video material I can count on if buying a more advanced package. You see, the difference is "only" USD 100 that is USD 200, but since it is my money I should know what I buy and if it is better to pay you or donate to Wikipedia or hungry children in Africa. Simple as that.

Thanks a lot for your continuing support and great platform.
Have a good day

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hello @MissJaguar,

Although it may seem easy to figure out all of the video hours that are in the study planner, it is not so simple. There are 9 topics in the study planner and there are well over 70 readings. Some have videos and others do not, but it would require me to go through each topic and reading in the study planner, hit play on each video and add up all of the hours. We do not have an "average length" for videos. They vary from 10 minutes to over an hour so there really is not an average time per video. We also do not have the 2015 materials published yet, as we begin publishing them this month.

We publish A LOT of videos in the study planner so in my opinion it is definitely worth the extra $100. My opinion relates to feedback that we have received from our users about how much the videos helped them in their studies. Some have even stated that they could not have passed without the videos. It may benefit you to ask others on the forum how much the videos have helped them and to get their opinions since many of them have used the videos in their studies. As we continue to prepare our new materials for 2015, we may have a better idea of how many videos we will be publishing in the next few weeks because David and I will be discussing our publishing plans.

Thank you,

Nicole

MissJaguar

Subscriber
Dear Nicole

Super! I am in my bed so will buy tom the Advance package.

Fell free to let me know few arguments on why to buy Pro package.

Good night from CH

BaptisteCaggia

Subscriber
Dear Nicole, I've just purchased a FRM 1 PRO after seeing the free videos on Youtube.

When I bought it, I tought that I would find videos like the ones in Youtube better sorted than the YT playlists other videos not available in Youtube.

I don't understand very well how works the study planner.
I only see references to some chapters of books commented (That I don't have).
I thought that the study planner was organized differently : With themas, Like on the youtube playlists.

Can't you tell us more about the organazation because I'm a little bit lost by these references to some chapters and the link with Youtube.

Thanks
B.

ShaktiRathore

Subscriber
I also have used the study planner. Please navigate as
1)navigate to study planner there are given all major topic areas of part i
2)choose any topic in part 1 by clicking on the arrow> beside the topic on right side e.g. Quantitative Analysis >, click >
3) Now are given topic areas chapters within the Quantitative Analysis section of part i, click on the arrow on left side of the written topic e.g. >Hull, Chapter 23 ,click >
4) Now a list will open beneath the topic there Are given Question sets, Study Notes, Instructional Videos and Learning Spreadsheets. Click on any of option e.g. Instructional Videos a video page wil open and click on the play video to see the video. U can download Study notes pdf by clicking download pdf on the page once ou select the download pdf tab.
Study planner is organised topic wise with each Aim covered in detail by notes,videos and question sets. I liked the way how systematic is these planner you can locate any aim within the planner easily. If a need to search for Aim x i just see the curriculum the topic area in which the Aim is covered and search for that topic and go to the desired Aim through the planner. I think its the best planner i could thought of.please visit following if they can help,
https://forum.bionicturtle.com/threads/where-do-i-start.7141/#post-26275
videos: https://forum.bionicturtle.com/threads/bionicturtle-videos-on-youtube.6609/#post-21894
You should use source readings selectively u dont need to read each from the reference but fewhttps://forum.bionicturtle.com/threads/do-i-need-the-handbook-and-readings.6556/
thanks

FRM Bionic Ninja Turtle

Subscriber
Hi everyone, can anyone shed some light as to what is the focus review and spreadsheet? I.e. the difference between the 2nd most expensive course and the most expensive course.