2016: Part 1 New and Updated Published Materials

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
This thread is to give our members a quick reference to the new and updated Part 1 materials that we publish throughout the 2016 exam period. Please see our announcement HERE for more information on our publishing process. :)

Topic 1: Foundations of Risk Management

Reading 3: Stulz, Risk-Taking and Risk Management by Banks
  • Practice Question Set (published 01/12/16) (updated 09/08/16 to include appendix)
Topic Review
  • Global Topic Review PQ set (published 08/30/16)
Topic 2: Quantitative Analysis

Reading 13: Miller, Chapters 2,3,4,6 & 7
  • Study Notes (published 02/25/16)
Reading 18: Chris Brooks, Chapter 12
  • Practice Question Set (published 01/19/16)
  • Study Notes (published 11/03/16)
Topic Review
  • Global Topic Review PQ set (published 08/30/16)
Topic 3: Financial Markets & Products

Reading 19: Hull, Chapters 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,10,11,12 & 26

• Practice Question Set (updated 02/22/16)
Reading 22: Gregory, Chapters 1,2,3 & 14
  • Practice Question Set (published 02/17/16)
  • Study Notes (published 05/05/16)
Reading 25: Caouette, Chapter 6
  • Practice Question Set (published 02/18/16)
Topic Review
  • Global Topic Review PQ set (published 08/31/16) (updated 09/08/16 to add exotic options section)
Topic 4: Valuation

Reading 30: Damodaran

• Practice Question Set (published 07/13/16)
  • Study Notes (published 10/20/16)
Topic Review

• Global Topic Review PQ set (published 08/31/16)
Part 1 Review
  • Interactive Mock Exam A (published 04/11/16)
  • Interactive Mock Exam B (published 04/15/16)
  • Interactive Mock Exam C (published 05/04/16)
  • Interactive Mock Exam D (published 05/05/16)

Last edited:

Basti

Subscriber
Hi Nicole,
thank you for the updates. Does that mean that the study notes for Part I from the previous platform (older BT website) that are flagged as new are only with minor changes (as opposed to the older version from 2015)?

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hello @Basti

When we upgraded to the new website, all of the materials that were transferred over were flagged as "New" automatically, but this does not mean that they were updated. When I update any materials for 2016, they will be listed in this thread. We have not yet published any new or updated study notes, so any notes that you see in the study planner now are from 2015. As soon as I update them, I will add them to this list.

Thank you,

Nicole

ELCH57

Hi, Am wondering when you are going to release the updated part 1 material? Website is saying "coming soon".

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hello @ELCH57 ,

Please see our announcement regarding our publishing process here in the forum: https://forum.bionicturtle.com/threads/important-please-read-publishing-process-for-2016.9172/. Also, as you will see in the comments of that forum post, we do not guarantee that all 84 readings in the GARP curriculum will have a full set of materials before the May exam. We prepare and publish materials according to their perceived priority, and we focus on the QUALITY of our materials rather than quantity. We are still working very hard to prepare materials and will publish them as soon as possible. In the meantime, there is an abundance of relevant materials that are already published in the Study Planner while you wait for the newer materials. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you,

Nicole

burcudas

This thread is to give our members a quick reference to the new and updated Part 1 materials that we publish throughout the 2016 exam period. Please see our announcement HERE for more information on our publishing process. :)

Topic 1: Foundations of Risk Management

Reading 3: Stulz, Risk-Taking and Risk Management by Banks
  • Practice Question Set (published 01/12/16)
Topic 2: Quantitative Analysis

Reading 13: Miller, Chapters 2,3,4,6 & 7
  • Study Notes (published 02/25/16)
Reading 18: Chris Brooks, Chapter 12
  • Practice Question Set (published 01/19/16)
Topic 3: Financial Markets & Products

Reading 19: Hull, Chapters 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,10,11,12 & 26

• Practice Question Set (updated 02/22/16)
Reading 22: Gregory, Chapters 1,2,3 & 14
  • Practice Question Set (published 02/17/16)
Reading 25: Caouette, Chapter 6
  • Practice Question Set (published 02/18/16)
Hello, how can i download 2016 files? Could you please inform me about the process?

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hello, how can i download 2016 files? Could you please inform me about the process?
Hello @burcudas

Once you have purchased one of our study packages (see packages HERE), you can access all of your purchased materials in the Study Planner. This thread is only a list of some updates that have been made to the materials for 2016. If you visit the study planner before purchasing, you can see which materials have been published, along with samples of those materials.

Thank you,

Nicole

ELCH57

Nicole, David,
Are you going to publish the study notes for Jon Gregory's Central Counterparties: Mandatory Clearing and Bilateral Margin Requirements for OTC Derivatives in the coming days or is that not planned? Thank you.

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
Hi @ELCH57 Yes, in fact I just finished T9. Current Issues (publishing Monday) and the next draft waiting for me is Gregory's Central Counterparties Chapters [i.e., FMP-14], so those will publish this upcoming week Thanks!

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
David, when do you expect to publish the Gregory study notes?
Hello @ELCH57

David is working hard to finish the Gregory notes in addition to spending many hours in the forum answering questions. We will get them published as soon as we possibly can. :)

Thank you,

Nicole

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Status
Not open for further replies.