PLEASE READ: Publishing Process for 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
The 2023 Learning Objectives have been released, and we are working hard to update the materials. Bionic Turtle asks that our members remain patient when it comes to the release of updated materials. Updates will be slightly different than in previous years, as we will upload the study notes and practice question sets in batches instead of one by one since we are using the Vital Source platform.

Curriculum Change Spreadsheet: For reference, here is our spreadsheet that shows the changes that were made to the curriculum in 2023: https://forum.bionicturtle.com/threads/2022-2023-curriculum-change-analysis-spreadsheet.24320/

We ask all of our users to please refrain from asking when specific materials will be published, as each time we have to answer this status update question, it takes valuable time away from our preparation. We appreciate your patience during this busy time. We want to make sure our subscribers have the most up-to-date, quality materials possible!

It is very important that we point out that we have never guaranteed that every single reading and chapter in the study planner will have a full set of materials (i.e., study notes, PQ set, instructional video, and learning spreadsheet). We publish according to perceived priority, and we will not sacrifice the quality of our materials just to make sure our study planner is filled in with no gaps in materials.

We will begin to update the materials in January. The updates will be listed on the following forum threads when they are published.

Please see below to learn more about our publishing process and why you may not see some materials published.
  • Do you publish materials for every single reading in the GARP curriculum? Bionic Turtle places the integrity and quality of our materials at the forefront of our Financial Risk Management (FRM) exam study products.
Our study packages, including study notes, practice questions, mock exams, instructional videos, spreadsheets, and more, are comprehensive and inclusive of the most important elements of the Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP) curriculum. However, there will always be minor material gaps when updates are made, as it would be nearly impossible to include information for every single reading. We publish new materials according to perceived priority. Our staff also provides as many updated materials as possible. Certain materials have every reading in the curriculum. Other readings do not include an entire set of materials.

• Why are some of the materials missing in the study planner but are in the GARP curriculum? Bionic Turtle publishes the latest curriculum updates from the Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP), but they do take time. Additionally, certain resources that correspond with the Financial Risk Management (FRM) readings may or may not be included.
Our team has comprehensive knowledge of the syllabus and the most important information you need to pass the FRM exam. While we appreciate your feedback, we ask that you refrain from emailing us about missing resources for this reason. If you would like to discuss any items that are not included, feel free to do so on our Forum.

Our Materials Focus on Quality and Integrity

We ensure that the comprehension of our study products remains intact with every update that is or isn’t made to our materials.
There are five main reasons we do not include every reading found in the syllabus:

• The GARP FRM syllabus is not a rigorous, fixed map of the exam. It contains more concepts than can possibly be tested.
  • GARP emphasizes knowledge points and key concepts. This mirrors the FRM exam Learning Objectives, and the assigned readings support this.
  • The exam is practice-oriented. Actual exam questions originate from practitioners, not from the readings. They are subsequently vetted against the readings.
  • The reading list changes every year. We believe “chasing” every new reading is unnecessary, as some readings have historically appeared only once on the syllabus, were not on the exam, and were then dropped the following year.
  • Some topics are too dense and won’t be used. Many readings contain some details which are not relevant to the exam.
Thank you all for using Bionic Turtle, and we wish you luck in your studies!!

Shau_2207

@Nicole Seaman

Thanks for the update
Are we planning to update the videos for chapter 4 from Investment risk book it does not match with points mentioned in the study notes, also we do not have videos instruction for hedge funds chapter are we going to update that as well this year?

Many thanks in advance

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
Hi @Shau_2207 Yes, we have some fantastic help on videos (as we speak) so we will be updating Investment Risk (please don't quote me on which exactly WITHIN investment risk but we will update investment risk). Thank you!

Shau_2207

Thanks a lot David!

I am a big fan of your teaching style and knowledge in finance. Appreciate all efforts you put in.

I wish I had subscription of your knowledge forum for lifetime.

You are a great teacher!

enjofaes

Cool, thanks for the update. I imagine most updates then concern:
- Operational risk as there are most changes involved there notes & practice (perhaps video's or is this difficult to estimate?)
- Current issues (new readings) notes & practice
(- video's investment risk)
- are we also going to see some liquidity risk video's perhaps by any chance? :) have heard from past candidates that this is also quite a difficult part. Not sure if the video's are updated

As always, many thanks for the administration and great work.

I'm very happy with the purchase after all. Going through some books I've seen some bugs in tables which I guess will be in the minor bugfixes?

PS. if I understand correctly this platform will give me lifetime access to the material and updated material of GARP & Bionic Team? Thus I'll be updated to all topics of the curriculum for life? That would make me even happier with the purchase ;)

Happy holidays already. Let's get studying
T-165

Tonio57

Hello,

When will the new reading LO be available ?
“Climate-related financial risks – measurement methodologies,” Basel Committee on Banking Supervision Publication, April 2021.
“Principles for the effective management and supervision of climate-related financial risks,” Basel Committee on Banking Supervision Publication, June 2022
“Inflation: a look under the hood,” Annual Economic Report, Basel Committee on Banking Supervision Publication, June 2022, pp. 41-64
“The Blockchain Revolution: Decoding Digital Currencies,” David Andolfatto and Fernando M. Martin, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis Review, Third Quarter 2022
“The future monetary system,” Annual Economic Report, Basel Committee on Banking Supervision Publication, June 2022, pp. 75-103.
Thanks

asimo2123

The 2023 Learning Objectives have been released, and we are working hard to update the materials. Bionic Turtle asks that our members remain patient when it comes to the release of updated materials. Updates will be slightly different than in previous years, as we will upload the study notes and practice question sets in batches instead of one by one since we are using the Vital Source platform.

Curriculum Change Spreadsheet: For reference, here is our spreadsheet that shows the changes that were made to the curriculum in 2023: https://forum.bionicturtle.com/threads/2022-2023-curriculum-change-analysis-spreadsheet.24320/

We ask all of our users to please refrain from asking when specific materials will be published, as each time we have to answer this status update question, it takes valuable time away from our preparation. We appreciate your patience during this busy time. We want to make sure our subscribers have the most up-to-date, quality materials possible!

It is very important that we point out that we have never guaranteed that every single reading and chapter in the study planner will have a full set of materials (i.e., study notes, PQ set, instructional video, and learning spreadsheet). We publish according to perceived priority, and we will not sacrifice the quality of our materials just to make sure our study planner is filled in with no gaps in materials.

We will begin to update the materials in January. The updates will be listed on the following forum threads when they are published.

Please see below to learn more about our publishing process and why you may not see some materials published.
  • Do you publish materials for every single reading in the GARP curriculum? Bionic Turtle places the integrity and quality of our materials at the forefront of our Financial Risk Management (FRM) exam study products.
Our study packages, including study notes, practice questions, mock exams, instructional videos, spreadsheets, and more, are comprehensive and inclusive of the most important elements of the Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP) curriculum. However, there will always be minor material gaps when updates are made, as it would be nearly impossible to include information for every single reading. We publish new materials according to perceived priority. Our staff also provides as many updated materials as possible. Certain materials have every reading in the curriculum. Other readings do not include an entire set of materials.

• Why are some of the materials missing in the study planner but are in the GARP curriculum? Bionic Turtle publishes the latest curriculum updates from the Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP), but they do take time. Additionally, certain resources that correspond with the Financial Risk Management (FRM) readings may or may not be included.
Our team has comprehensive knowledge of the syllabus and the most important information you need to pass the FRM exam. While we appreciate your feedback, we ask that you refrain from emailing us about missing resources for this reason. If you would like to discuss any items that are not included, feel free to do so on our Forum.

Our Materials Focus on Quality and Integrity

We ensure that the comprehension of our study products remains intact with every update that is or isn’t made to our materials.
There are five main reasons we do not include every reading found in the syllabus:

• The GARP FRM syllabus is not a rigorous, fixed map of the exam. It contains more concepts than can possibly be tested.
  • GARP emphasizes knowledge points and key concepts. This mirrors the FRM exam Learning Objectives, and the assigned readings support this.
  • The exam is practice-oriented. Actual exam questions originate from practitioners, not from the readings. They are subsequently vetted against the readings.
  • The reading list changes every year. We believe “chasing” every new reading is unnecessary, as some readings have historically appeared only once on the syllabus, were not on the exam, and were then dropped the following year.
  • Some topics are too dense and won’t be used. Many readings contain some details which are not relevant to the exam.
Thank you all for using Bionic Turtle, and we wish you luck in your studies!!
Hi all, just a simple question because it is not clear to me. I purchased the advanced frm level 2 back in Nov.22, so Will I be able to have the updated material in my library specially for op. risk and current issues? Thanks a lot,

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi all, just a simple question because it is not clear to me. I purchased the advanced frm level 2 back in Nov.22, so Will I be able to have the updated material in my library specially for op. risk and current issues? Thanks a lot,
@asimo2123 We will be updating all of the materials for 2023, so you will always have access to the most recent materials until your subscription expires.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Thanks for the update, can i still use last year level 1 study notes for the upcoming exam in May?
Hello @ethanyc

Yes, you can. The entire curriculum does not change every year, so the materials that are currently published are still relevant to the 2023 exams for the most part. We are hoping to publish the updated study notes for Part 1 next week. Part 2 will be published shortly after. When the new materials are published, the old materials will be replaced, so you will always be viewing the most recently published documents.

ethanyc

Hello @ethanyc

Yes, you can. The entire curriculum does not change every year, so the materials that are currently published are still relevant to the 2023 exams for the most part. We are hoping to publish the updated study notes for Part 1 next week. Part 2 will be published shortly after. When the new materials are published, the old materials will be replaced, so you will always be viewing the most recently published documents.
thx. so the material in the bookshelf will be automatically updated?

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
thx. so the material in the bookshelf will be automatically updated?
Yes, the new materials will overwrite the materials that are currently published. I will post in the forum with more information as soon as we have a specific day set to update.

enjofaes

Personal suggestion as I love using the study planner on your website. Can you please include collapse for each book as well. Let's stop the endless scrolling (☞゚ヮ゚)☞

Also -- but much less important -- love the fact that you link the material to the chapters of the original authors, but perhaps nice to have the same overview as GARP (eg. Ch17 investment management risk = Ch7 in the book).
It's a small change to change it only on the study planner. Perhaps also in the notes?

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi, would the updated videos be published before November 2023 ?
@RChow4139 Yes, we publish videos throughout the year. They are not in Vital Source, so we can publish them when they are ready. The notes and PQs are in PDF format in Vital Source, so they need to be updated all at once because of the way Vital Source is set up on the back end. We will begin focusing on videos again as soon as the updated P2 notes and PQs have been published in Vital Source (tentatively the week of the 27th).

enjofaes

I just finished book 1-3 in terms of theory, now at Liquidity. Kept ORR for last as there are most of the changes, would also love to hear if there is an expected date of update for the material regarding
- operational risk &
- current issues.
Many thanks for the effort Bionic Team! ;)
T-89

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
We are trying very hard to get the P2 materials published and available to you. The process is not a simple one, so we appreciate your patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.