Exam Feedback May 2022 Part 2 Exam Feedback

Erik

Huge surprise today, passed part 2 with 2,2,1,1,1,2! And I felt terrible about my performance right after the exam. Thank you, BT team, couldn't have done it without you!

Cavin

I failed part 2
My scores are very low in Operational Risk ; Liquidity Risk and Current issues. @Nicole Seaman yes, I do know there are no shortcut. It will be good if more resources and practice questions are there for the Nov Exam participants.

Last edited:

Torsleno

Just a general thought, not sure who will agree: BT questions are easier than the questions on the actual exams, because they are better formulated and are more closely aligned with the FRM study material.
Though I passed, the exam questions felt a bit random, not necessarily very consistent with the books.

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
I fail part 2.
@Nicole Seaman how can i access th quality resource for the next time November. Please guide me.
@JonathanJoke I am sorry to hear that you did not pass the exam. You can view all of our study materials available for purchase here: https://www.bionicturtle.com/frm-part-2. This thread in the forum is also helpful in creating a study plan once you have purchased a study package: https://forum.bionicturtle.com/threads/study-plan-guide.8670/. Many of our members have provided their own study plans and tips for candidates.

edgaracabral

Unfortunately, I did not pass. My grades were 3,3,3,4,3,1. Reading the above comments, I agree with the feeling that questions from GARP are not as well prepared as BT, which throws people off track when doing the exam.

I must admit being underprepared for the exam, and will try again November 2023, giving me time to read GARP books.

NikhilChandra

Passed with 112122, jotting down my prep for this exam:
About 4 months of study with last 2 weeks devoted exclusively to revision (and covering current events topic). Could only give about 4hrs each day due to office work during the day (work from home was most helpful in juggling between the two)
Used GARP study material for all topics (costly but worth the physical books I believe) with BT videos for topics in Market Risk, Credit Risk and Liquidity Risk.
Used BT notes for current events topic only. Found it quite lean with all the main points covered.
Used BT’s formula booklet for revision purposes.
Didn’t get a chance to practice any questions at all since I was already struggling to cover the syllabus in full in 4months.

rmdfra

Passed with 223131.
What matters the most is how many exercises you managed to do during your preparation. This is not an exam that evaluates your creativity or your problem solving skills. Just do a lot of exercises, see how to solve them, read the parts of the curriculum that are more qualitative, and chances are that you'll pass.
Cheers.

bollengc

I submitted my work experience yesterday and it already got validated today - so now officially a certified FRM :)

I studied for part 2 as I did for part 1:
1. splitting all chapters on 16 weeks. (working full time in parallel, I wanted to keep time for me in the evening - so mainly studying before the work day started and during the week-end) - reading, watching the videos and taking my own notes - trying to do the end of chapters questions
Part 1 was 3 to 4 chapters a week, part 2 was more 7 chapters a week. Way more readings.

2. After the 16 weeks, reviewing all formulas in the formula sheet and doing the end of topics review. (video / notes / quizz) then switching to some mock exams and doing more exercises on the topics where I felt I needed to practice.
I took 2 full weeks off before the exam to really focus only on reviewing / practicing.

connor1

Hi Bollengc,

Congrats on passing and getting certified so quickly.
I submitted my work experience about 10 days ago. Did you submit a lot of detail?
I included >10 years worth of experience (including approx. 7 different roles), so wondering if that might hinder the processing time?
From reading these forums, it seems difficult to predict the processing time.

Thanks,
Connor

bollengc

Hi Bollengc,

Congrats on passing and getting certified so quickly.
I submitted my work experience about 10 days ago. Did you submit a lot of detail?
I included >10 years worth of experience (including approx. 7 different roles), so wondering if that might hinder the processing time?
From reading these forums, it seems difficult to predict the processing time.

Thanks,
Connor

hi Connor,

as I have been in my current position for almost 4 years and it perfectly fits the work experience required (I am a market risk manager), I only added that job position. Every role you create can have max 255 characters so I had to remain concise ;)

your feedback contradicts the fact that they handle the submission in the order they receive it... ( I think I read that somewhere)

Good luck for the waiting time then, I hope you will soon have an update :)
Camille

ritu31

hi Connor,

as I have been in my current position for almost 4 years and it perfectly fits the work experience required (I am a market risk manager), I only added that job position. Every role you create can have max 255 characters so I had to remain concise ;)

your feedback contradicts the fact that they handle the submission in the order they receive it... ( I think I read that somewhere)

Good luck for the waiting time then, I hope you will soon have an update :)
Camille
Hi Camille,

Firstly congratulations on your certification!

I have also received my certification few days back, however, it's only visible when I login to my profile in GARP. I didn't receive any email/any other form of communication informing about when would I receive it. Is it the same for you?

Also, I heard that GARP couriers the certificate for all newly certified professionals on the first week of every month and one is supposed to receive communication once it is couriered. Would you know if that's correct?

Regards,
Ritu

bollengc

Hi Camille,

Firstly congratulations on your certification!

I have also received my certification few days back, however, it's only visible when I login to my profile in GARP. I didn't receive any email/any other form of communication informing about when would I receive it. Is it the same for you?

Also, I heard that GARP couriers the certificate for all newly certified professionals on the first week of every month and one is supposed to receive communication once it is couriered. Would you know if that's correct?

Regards,
Ritu

hi Ritu,

thanks a lot and congrats to you too!
I received an email after submitting my work experience and I received another email after it had been validated (title: Your requirement for FRM® certification is approved)

I have read the same about certification delivery. This means ours will be sent beginning of August. We'll see soon if it is correct ;-)

thanks,
Camille

London-5886

Passed with 312132.

I used the GARP books + Bionic Turtle

16 weeks of prep, 2 weeks of reviewing and mock exams

The employment verification by GARP took 1 week