Course Vital Source Transition

RenanPN

Notes from Nicole:

Hi! Do we still get to download the study notes and practice questions? I do not see this option in VitalSource - also, will I still have access to the materials in VitalSource once the subscription ends?

Thank you,

Renan

Last edited by a moderator:

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Hi! Do we still get to download the study notes and practice questions? I do not see this option in VitalSource - also, will I still have access to the materials in VitalSource once the subscription ends?

Thank you,

Renan
@RenanPN We transitioned to Vital Sources, as it is a more secure platform so our materials can no longer be downloaded. Once your subscription ends, you will still have access to your materials in Vital Source, however, you will not have access to any new or updated materials after your subscription expires.

Aaron1616

Hello! I am new around (FRM part 1) and i was just getting used to the platform here before the recent switch to VitalSource. I understand the material cannot be downloaded anymore but is there a way to at least print the study notes ? I do not see that option on VitalSource.

Previously with the PDF files we could scroll down or back up through the notes very easily. With VitalSource it's very zoomed in and you have to select the pages 1 by 1. I see the advantages but i just wanted to point out these practical issues that might be small but over a very large material to go through it still matters to some extent.

JVera3537

Hello, so I have had the BT content for the FRM since May 1st. Now, I don't have access to the study notes or the practice questions. I already contacted the support email, but they are taking too long to respond. My issue is I didn't receive an email, and when I click the link to see the notes or the practice questions it says my subscription doesn't have access. Can somebody tell me how can this be fixed so that I have access to the content I paid for? I attached a screenshot of the error message.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 7.40.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 7.40.55 PM.png
    13.2 KB · Views: 14

tdani3656

Hi
@RenanPN We transitioned to Vital Sources, as it is a more secure platform so our materials can no longer be downloaded. Once your subscription ends, you will still have access to your materials in Vital Source, however, you will not have access to any new or updated materials after your subscription expires.
Hi Nicole,

I find the physical copies more useful for me as I am able to read & do the practice papers offline (just a pen, highlighter & calculator was all I needed)

And once I am done with the topic, questions I need to ask I just post.

As for the new system, problems has started to surface for me:

-I have limited access to internet and computer whenever I travel to places hence I always print physical copies and will only watch the instructional videos back when i am home
-It would take me a lot of time to try to work around all these hassles (finding places that have internet and power point, making sure my paper computer doesn't hang, and any other technical problems which may arise) which in turn builds up a lot frustration

As my schedule is very tight and I move from places to places, I really need to be able to use the physical copies else I would foresee a huge impact to my studies.

Please kindly advise.

Thank You,

Yours Sincerely
Daniel

shubhamyadav

Hi Bionic Turtle Team,

I have been trying to access the study material from past one week, I take material offline to study.

Please help me access the material as my membership is about to end in sometime and there is no guidance from BT, the PDF guide is not helpful. I understand your concern but please support me as this is a very hefty fees for someone from India.

Regards,
Shubham

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hello, so I have had the BT content for the FRM since May 1st. Now, I don't have access to the study notes or the practice questions. I already contacted the support email, but they are taking too long to respond. My issue is I didn't receive an email, and when I click the link to see the notes or the practice questions it says my subscription doesn't have access. Can somebody tell me how can this be fixed so that I have access to the content I paid for? I attached a screenshot of the error message.
Hello @JVera3537 I do not see any outstanding support tickets regarding access issues with Vital Source. Justin has been very good at responding very quickly to any issues. It looks like you received a response yesterday. We cannot provide support here in the forum or outside of the support tickets (i.e., social media). Our support team is responding to all emails regarding Vital Source.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi Bionic Turtle Team,

I have been trying to access the study material from past one week, I take material offline to study.

Please help me access the material as my membership is about to end in sometime and there is no guidance from BT, the PDF guide is not helpful. I understand your concern but please support me as this is a very hefty fees for someone from India.

Regards,
Shubham
@shubhamyadav Have you contacted our support team? You can email them at [email protected] or fill out our support form on the website. You should not have been having issues accessing your materials for the past week, as we just completed the transition to Vital Source on Tuesday. Your account shows that you have the correct access. There were emails sent out with instructions on how to access Vital Source. Please make sure to email support if you are having issues accessing your materials in Vital Source. Thank you.

shubhamyadav

@shubhamyadav Have you contacted our support team? You can email them at [email protected] or fill out our support form on the website. You should not have been having issues accessing your materials for the past week, as we just completed the transition to Vital Source on Tuesday. Your account shows that you have the correct access. There were emails sent out with instructions on how to access Vital Source. Please make sure to email support if you are having issues accessing your materials in Vital Source. Thank you.
I have checked my mail box multiple times but no communication to guide me for accessing vital source

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
I have checked my mail box multiple times but no communication to guide me for accessing vital source
@shubhamyadav Please contact our support team if you are still having trouble accessing Vital Source. We are not able to provide customer support for account issues in the forum, but the support team can work with you to resolve any issues. You can email [email protected] or fill out the support form on our website. Thank you.

bagelcoffee

Hi team,

I personally found Vital Source very hard to use: I cannot quickly scroll down on their web page to see the notes/questions. Instead, I have to use the right arrow - it takes seconds for a page to load and have to do it page by page. More importantly, not everyone has a stable Internet connection all the time.

It's also stated that this transition will learning more interactive but it's clearly not the case for me. For checking answers to practice questions, I was able to print questions and after finishing the exercise, I could check the answer in the local PDF reader directly. Now I will need to write down my answer (or alternatively students can take 5 secs to add annotation, which can be a wrong ans), navigate to ans sheet, go back to earlier pages, and correct my ans. In this aspect, this is not interactive at all. I suggest BT consolidate its own question bank and create nteractive CBT system (similar to the actual test one).

Understanding this will help to protect IP and security but just want to say that it makes my preparation much less efficient. Thank you.

RSHIV2781

Hi,

I have enrolled for professional package of FRM 1 on 15th July,2022 and till date i am unable to access my notes and test on VitalSource bookshelf. Neither i have received any redeem code nor any response from bionic turtle support for my query. Its giving following error whenver i try to access notes or test on vitalsource.PFA.

Kindly solve this Asap as i m loosing days of my preparations.

Regards

Rugved Shivgan

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-07-16 191514.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-07-16 191514.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 9

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi,

I have enrolled for professional package of FRM 1 on 15th July,2022 and till date i am unable to access my notes and test on VitalSource bookshelf. Neither i have received any redeem code nor any response from bionic turtle support for my query. Its giving following error whenver i try to access notes or test on vitalsource.PFA.

Kindly solve this Asap as i m loosing days of my preparations.

Regards

Rugved Shivgan
Hello @RSHIV2781 Please send an email to [email protected] or fill out our contact form. Our support team can help you with any issues you are having with your account. Thank you.

Edited to update: Support has responded to the emails that were received by you the same day that they were sent. Please make sure to check your spam email folder, as they may have been sent there.

Moh

hi @Nicole Seaman,

The new update of BT prevents printing of notes and practical questions, and this makes the study: more complicated, time consuming, and increase eye fatigue than before,please help us with this issue.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
hi @Nicole Seaman,

The new update of BT prevents printing of notes and practical questions, and this makes the study: more complicated, time consuming, and increase eye fatigue than before,please help us with this issue.
Hello @Moh We transitioned to Vital Source to secure our study materials, as there were too many people selling and sharing our downloaded materials. There is nothing that we can do to change this since we have made the decision to transition to this platform. If you are having issues with access, please contact our support team. Thank you.

MFole8227

Hi Nicole / David,

Appreciate you are in the middle of a big transition so I’ll keep this short. How do I access the remaining videos and excel spreadsheets to finish the last 25% of my plan?

Thanks in advance

tdani3656

Hi

Hi Nicole,

I find the physical copies more useful for me as I am able to read & do the practice papers offline (just a pen, highlighter & calculator was all I needed)

And once I am done with the topic, questions I need to ask I just post.

As for the new system, problems has started to surface for me:

-I have limited access to internet and computer whenever I travel to places hence I always print physical copies and will only watch the instructional videos back when i am home
-It would take me a lot of time to try to work around all these hassles (finding places that have internet and power point, making sure my paper computer doesn't hang, and any other technical problems which may arise) which in turn builds up a lot frustration

As my schedule is very tight and I move from places to places, I really need to be able to use the physical copies else I would foresee a huge impact to my studies.

Please kindly advise.

Thank You,

Yours Sincerely
Daniel

@David Harper CFA FRM @Nicole Seaman

@Aaron1616 @shubhamyadav @Moh @bagelcoffee @MAlom5561 @marcelvanderwurf @AWong0667

Hi Nicole,

Been patiently waiting for your response. It's been almost a week and I realized you skipped my post but proceeded to reply to everyone else.

I'm not sure if my post is irrelevant here, but I hope to have my point highlighted.

Each of us here are trying their very best to have a chance in life and hence passing the FRM might just be the stepping stone for us, at least for me.

For the past few days, without access to my physical copies lead me to many troublesome hassles.

The reason I paid for the professional package is so I can download notes, do them on the go, check answers instantly, and if i don't understand, get back home and read them in forums. Now, I cannot study on the go, and only manage to study when i am home after work. This has brought me 1 step backwards.

I'm hoping Bionicturtle is able to resolve the issue of 'selling & sharing downloaded materials' as highlighted by your response with Moh.

"@Moh We transitioned to Vital Source to secure our study materials, as there were too many people selling and sharing our downloaded materials. There is nothing that we can do to change this since we have made the decision to transition to this platform."

I'm upset with the way it is, but I really think this solution would impact the greater good in the long term, esp those not aided in favorable situation :(

Moreover, should anyone wishes to benefit from this, they would have already done so by now, which also means we 'could' have just bought the materials off 3rd party market but we didn't.

Please let me know soon as hope and grit is all I have now.

Thanks

Yours Sincerely
Daniel

P.S This is not meant to be a boycott but just tagging those who might be facing similar issue (So please do not use this post to jump on the bandwagon or add any malicious remarks to Nicole & team. I only wish for solutions to be provided to both sides.)

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
@David Harper CFA FRM @Nicole Seaman

@Aaron1616 @shubhamyadav @Moh @bagelcoffee @MAlom5561 @marcelvanderwurf @AWong0667

Hi Nicole,

Been patiently waiting for your response. It's been almost a week and I realized you skipped my post but proceeded to reply to everyone else.

I'm not sure if my post is irrelevant here, but I hope to have my point highlighted.

Each of us here are trying their very best to have a chance in life and hence passing the FRM might just be the stepping stone for us, at least for me.

For the past few days, without access to my physical copies lead me to many troublesome hassles.

The reason I paid for the professional package is so I can download notes, do them on the go, check answers instantly, and if i don't understand, get back home and read them in forums. Now, I cannot study on the go, and only manage to study when i am home after work. This has brought me 1 step backwards.

I'm hoping Bionicturtle is able to resolve the issue of 'selling & sharing downloaded materials' as highlighted by your response with Moh.

"@Moh We transitioned to Vital Source to secure our study materials, as there were too many people selling and sharing our downloaded materials. There is nothing that we can do to change this since we have made the decision to transition to this platform."

I'm upset with the way it is, but I really think this solution would impact the greater good in the long term, esp those not aided in favorable situation :(

Moreover, should anyone wishes to benefit from this, they would have already done so by now, which also means we 'could' have just bought the materials off 3rd party market but we didn't.

Please let me know soon as hope and grit is all I have now.

Thanks

Yours Sincerely
Daniel

P.S This is not meant to be a boycott but just tagging those who might be facing similar issue (So please do not use this post to jump on the bandwagon or add any malicious remarks to Nicole & team. I only wish for solutions to be provided to both sides.)
Hello @tdani3656 I apologize for not responding directly to your comment. Unfortunately, there is nothing that we can do to change the fact that we have transitioned to Vital Source. This was a necessary change. People have been illegally sharing and selling our materials for years, which has given us no choice but to change the way that our materials are accessed. The only thing that I can do in the forum is to advise anyone who is having issues accessing their materials to contact the support team, as they have been very helpful in making sure everyone is able to access their materials.

You can view materials offline without internet. Please see these instructions on the Vital Source website: https://support.vitalsource.com/hc/...e-offline-or-downloadable-version-of-my-book-. This should help to resolve the issue of studying while you are traveling.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi Nicole / David,

Appreciate you are in the middle of a big transition so I’ll keep this short. How do I access the remaining videos and excel spreadsheets to finish the last 25% of my plan?

Thanks in advance
Hello @MFole8227 I'm not sure what you mean. The study planner on our website has not changed. The only thing that was changed is the way that the study notes and practice question PDFs are accessed. Instead of being downloaded from the study planner, they are now published in Vital Source. Nothing has changed as far as the videos and spreadsheets. If you can be more specific about the issue that you are having, I would be happy to help. Thank you.

MFole8227

Ahhh. Thank you I was under the impression you were moving everything into VitalSource. So I will continue to use the original website for videos and excel files.